Saturday, April 16, 2005

Saturday Night with Joel and Ethan

I spent almost seven hours today in one position cutting paper for wedding invitations. I didn't even notice so much time had passed until the alarm went off for Luna's medicine.

After half a bottle of wine and a viewing of the Big Lebowski I feel much better. That damn cowboy was saying the same thing I have been, only the Coen brothers were poking fun of this need I experience to wrap things up in a profound way- tearing it to shreds, they were. Maybe that's part of what makes those guys so brilliant- you can tell that they are total saps at heart, but they see it and can make fun of themselves while not denying it.

Oh Joel and Ethan, blessed be thy movies.

My personal favorites (from least to greatest): Blood simple, The Man Who Wasn't There, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Barton Fink, Fargo, the Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home