Sunday, September 04, 2005

First night in Quito

After a dinner at a fancy restaraunt, A. announced "Welcome to the fourth day of wedding camp!" The younger generation piled into taxis to head to the No Bar, where we paid three American dollars to get in the door. I was feeling unclear where I was- there is a familiarity between latin American countries, but the chill in the air reminded me more of San Francisco than Mexico, and the pollution, not to mention the familiar faces of my high school friends and A.´s family, was familar to that of my home town, LA. I ordered a pilsner and wandered around looking for a place to dance. Eventually we took over a small stage and flashing lights washed over us as we geeked out, freaked out, and did our best to Salsa a little. When Chickzilla and I left the heat and smoke to enter the streets, i was suprised by the color and abundance of taxis. We awoke early the next morning to join the other wedding goers on a bus to Hacienda Cusin, taking a little detour by hot springs on the way, reveling in all our friends, new and old.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

My husband and I will be traveling to Quito, on January 13,2008. This will be a business trip for him and pleasure for myself. I enjoyed what you wrote. I can't wait to see your country. I live in the United States, In North Carolina.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home