Friday, July 14, 2006

Downtown Portland

I took myself on a date- favorite boots and earrings signaled a special evening. I met some myself for a cocktail. The restaraunt was sort of trendy, but in a more San Fernando Valley sort of way, and this feeling was confirmed when a red corvette blaring glam rock whizzed through the intersection. The girls inside sported blonde hair full of hairspray and trailed behind them a mass of black and white helium ballons. I ordered a cosmopolitan and a beet salad. I felt like I was a traiter on the other side, as the servers all lookes like my friends, and the people coming and going did not. i decided i was being a spy. So portland is not just hipsters. The food was delectable, and I began my walk towards the movie theatre down NW 12th st, passing an array of restaraunts with sidewalk seating, some quite beckoning. Arriving at the mall with time to kill, I decided to get a treat, and opted for what I try to abstain from, Starbucks. the twenty something workers liked my shoes amd both the girl and the guy were shamelessly flirting with me, upsizing my drink for free and givning me extra whip cream. I enjoyed it, and then felt funny because a)I am too old to flirt with twenty year olds, b) I'm married c) i realized they were completely incognicent of both of these things, and that made me fel dishonest. Besides, she was obviously dissappointed that I was going to see "The Devil Wears Prada," but some of us have to stay loyal to Meryl Streep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home