Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

I woke up, looked at Cameron and thought yes, there is much to be thankful for. I went to yoga for the first time since the day I found out my baby had not grown as it should in my womb and that I would lose the pregnancy. The room was packed, and I cried at times feeling my body come back to life with a new emptiness, but returning to the familiarity of those poses, that room, my breath in motion was life affirming. The teacher hugged me as I was leaving.


I came home to breakfast, and then built a fire in the yard where I sat playing music and reading for a good part of the day. Cameron smoked a turkey, and in the evening we joined our friends for a true feast. I was not only giving lipservice to gratitude when we held hands and shared something for which we were grateful. I feel profoundly indebted to my husband and those close to us with whom we have shared so much this past year or so: deaths, births, engagements, pregnancies, loss.

The night unfolded through a talent show, and then unravelled into a no holds barred dance party that lasted until the morning hours. Cameron and I contentedly slept off the wine and then headed to the coast to watch the waves roll into shore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home