Wednesday, December 14, 2005

From Colin, volunteer in Mojanda, Ecuador

Hey Cameron (and katie)
I hope you had a very nice weekend here in Mojanda -- I sure had an
unbelievable time in Intag, in fact I wont be able to fully convey the
gravity of the event over email -- pretty much I went as an
International Observer to a small community in the cloud forest that
is trying to prevent a major mining company (Ascendent Mining) from
coming in and destroying their entire community and way of life -- in
the end the group of 150 or so protesters took over the mining
offices, and ended up burning it down...Ben and I were there, and we
were the only two people documenting the event --- I took about 300
photos, some of which are as dramatic and shocking as you can imagine.

So the weekend was crazy. I would love to tell you more about this
when I see you guys, however next weekend probably wont work for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home