Sunday, July 23, 2006

july 21

hot. our kitchen a hundred degrees hotter (at least). i did my errands by bike, made easier by the new bicycle map of portland that shows the safest route. many of these routes are marked by little white bicycles painted in the road that point the way and cute green signs that tell the miles and minutes between neighborhoods. The shopping list included:
worcester sauce
ketchup
beef broth
outside lights
pecans
butter
molasses
white flour
eggs
chocolate chips
bourbon
saphire gin
tonic water
achiote
queso fresco
yogurt
dill
bread
ice

in honor of cameron's birthday, he made ribs, complete with homemade BBQ sauce, and I made pecan pie. From the garden left by the previous tenants, I harvested all the cucumbers, which I pureed with fresh garlic, yogurt, and dillto make a lovely fresh dip. I harvested a spaghetti squash, which I served up baked with pesto. At Sarah's request I busted out some llampinganchos, Ecuadorian potato pancakes with cheese inside. The night was spent on the lawn eating and drinking with friends. We relished the act of hosting after spending so much time in the past year as guests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home